Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Weekly Wrap Up!!

I was thinking last night and today, that one COULD be kept blogging EVERY day, well, with Miscellany Mondays, Wordless Wednesday, 5 on Friday/Friday Letters (more on that in a bit), Ten Things of Thankful, and a weekly wrap up. That doesn't even count on your reflection blog posts. That is when I become very panicky/anxious and overwhelmed regarding my blog, and blogging in general, but then I remember that blogging is supposed to be fun, and not a chore, so I just blog when I can, and when I feel like.

I came across a blog yesterday that I really liked. I loved her blog posts, and the way she constructed her blogs. I have seen one in similar formats before, but she has a day where she does Friday Letters, where she writes letters to "things", Products, people during the week. I think that is a cool thing to do. I also had seen a couple of other formats on her blog; Confession Friday, Currently I am...and It's Okay (like they do in Glamour Magazine) posts...there were also a few other neat formats, but I don't feel like going through her blog (again) today.

Ok, so on to me week, yesterday, I was at work here all day. And no one came in. Today, one person has come to buy a Bible. Yay! I quickly ran a few errands. I got free magazines from Shoppers Drug Mart. Free. That is right. Free. I love your Loyalty Points! I grabbed 3 things from the grocery store that we needed for tacos. Came home and helped watched Anker make supper. We ate supper, and watched tv (we haven't eaten at the table in years..true story.). I just hung out in our room and packed for tonight, and watched a few things on TV. Went to bed. Thursday, I got up, had breaky and went to the church, where they were doing VBS this week. A good friend and her boys come out every year to help out with the music and drama. They used to live here, but they moved to Alberta a few years ago. Anyhoo, we had a nice but short chat, as we both had to get going. I would have loved to have stayed to watched the closing number, but I had to get going. I grabbed groceries from the Dollar Store; and paid our storage bill, and went to get groceries at Superstore. Came home, dropped them off, and went to work at the store. I worked at my other job in the evening. Came home and hung out. Anker had made spaghetti, which was really good. Wednesday, I had to drive my Dad to the hospital (long story, which I wont go into here), and they had both come in to take my grandparents to the airport. I dropped him off and went to Tim Hortons (where I blogged). Work went well, I think, and I came home and we had chicken and rice, or something..can't remember...lol. Tuesday was another busy day. I ended up having lunch with a friend, and I had a few errands to do. I also had put in my Avon order before I went out for the day. I went to the library, and then I dropped off a few resumes. I did grab a smoothie from a local coffeeshop that I sometimes go when I am on that side of town. I journalled and spent some time in the sun.

      I should also mention that I have not had a Starbucks drink in over a week. Just sayin'.

Monday was the day that I blogged; I worked here and went home, because that is my life..lol.I probably relaxed and watched TV in the evening. I slept in late a couple of days this week. I hate when I do that. I think I am going to take a day or so off next week. Hopefully, it will be a day where it is hot, and I can go to the beach.

I also HAD to take a picture of this at our local Tim Hortons...this cracked me up..I don't usually take pictures of random people and put them on here, but I had to...when you see, you will understand...ok, I erased it, so I can't upload it, but check it on my Instagram account. http://instagram.com/p/b4WpanmhuQ/

We also want to try to get away this summer. We have gone camping nearly every summer since we have gotten married. I hope we can try to go camping at least once this summer. Maybe we can try to go sometime in August. Hubby has a week off, so we might try to get away. Our anniversary is next Saturday!! I will do a wedding post this week.

3 ladies in our church are pregnant. I am happy for them, but I have hidden their newsfeeds for the next 10 months or so.

There are a few things that I don't understand about my American friends; Smocking. I just don't get it. Big bows/dressing them alike. All.the.time. Sure, I think it is adorable, and yes, I would it myself if I had two girls, but all the time? Really? Fried Okra. 'Nuff said. Half birthdays. I have read this on a few blogs now. So you (or your kid) is a half year older. Who cares? We never do/did. Do you have a bday party or something? Sending your 2 yr old child to "school". I don't get it.. I have been reading that little ones go to a Mother's Day Out. We call that babysitting or day care here in Canada. That being said..buying school supplies for a 2 yr old. You don't need to buy school supplies for your child when they go to daycare, do you? Sorry, I just don't understand this..lol. I was reading on a blog, and I am confused as to why you would take your barely 2 yr old child to get school supplies (wait, why are Back to School sales on yet, anyway..we are still full into summer here!!) for a morning out per week?? Yes, sometimes, when your child is 3 or 4, they will go to play/pre school, so of course, they would need a backpack. But really? Let your child be child. Don't rush them to get into "school" so fast!!

Here is the picture of my free mags..yah, I know..it's random...
Happy Saturday!!

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...