Sunday, October 1, 2017

World Childlessness Week

WCW was from 11th-17th of September. I had thought about writing something about it, but I forgot, and never got around to it..until now. And I may not even finish this tonight. I am SO happy that Childless(ness)/Infertility is getting the word's recognition that it deserves! I am sad to say that I didn't participate in it all this year, other than seeing a few FB posts about it. WCW  focused on different themes each day (which I may or may not have realized this until I looked at their website!).  This year, the days were: Childless In. ...(photos, etc of all of us around the world), Facts and Figures,    Writing that Heals, Words that Hurt, We are Worthy, Why is This Significant, and Moving Forward. I will try and look around the site a bit more this week, and get more info, etc. I love the community of women that I have made in/on infertility-related groups on/in FB. I am sad that I have to be there, but I am glad that I am not alone.

Infertility/Childlessness is something that NO ONE wants to talk about. I am glad that it becoming on the forefront a bit more, thanks to sites and organizations like Resolve, and celebrities speaking out infertility, etc.

Ok..it has now been a WEEK later, and I still am not done this post!

So, where was I? Oh yes, I was talking about on how I am happy that it has become on the forefront. Anyway, I am happy that it has becoming a less taboo subject. I am glad that people are talking about..bringing it to light, and that there are blogs (including mine) dedicated to this painful subject. Infertility is a very lonely road. It is a lonely place. There isn't a lot of money being donated towards finding causes and cures. There also isn't a lot of funding for families to access, and it's not covered under our Provincial Health plan. We still have a LONG way to go to end the stigma of infertility. We are no where near there yet. I am thankful for these global events, for the blogs, and for the organizations who are bringing light to this painful subject.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...