Thursday, September 21, 2017

Christ for Mayor

We have a mayoral race happening in our town. One of the men who is running, is named Ken Christiansen (or is it Christian? I am not sure). Well, with elections, come the ever-so-lovely campaign signs popping up all over the city. One of his signs is positioned in such a way, that as you drive past it, all you can see is Christ for Mayor. Funnily enough, it is right near the Alliance church! I think it was a coincidence, but I think it's hilarious! I got to thinking, though...what WOULD it be like if Christ were mayor of a city? What would He do? What would be get rid of? Would He be a fun mayor? I think he would be fun, fair, but tough. I think A LOT less shenanigans would happen in our city, and more "real" work would get done. I would hope that He would do away with no paid parking! I think He would He would do away with all the grow-ops in town, and would probably decrease taxes. He would probably have a free restaurant or two for people who are down on their luck, or people who are having a tough time financially. He would probably have more programs for the homeless..heck, there probably wouldn't BE ANY homeless, b/c he would make sure that everyone had a home. Maybe there would be a larger food bank building. Or, maybe there would be a place where you could get free (or for very cheap) clothes, shoes, etc (a mix between a dollar store and a thrift store). Parks would be free of smoking and drinking (for real), and crazy shenanigans. Of course, there would be no bad people (ok, now I am really living in a fantasy world!), so no bad things would happen. All strip clubs and sleazy bars would cease to exist. Don't you love my city? I do!

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...