Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Show and Tell Tuesday: Memory Lane

Happy Wednesday (or, as I like to call it, Happy-see-what-is-on-the-weekly-magazines-day)! My week is going MUCH better than last week....yay!!!

I am linking up with Andrea for this weeks Show and Tell Tuesday, and this week it is about Memory Lane.

I know must everyone (I went on a few blogs to see on how they were doing their posts), posted pictures, but I don't feee like doing that, bc I don't fee like going on Google, find picture, saving said picture..blah, blah :) I hope that most of you know what I am talking about...if not, well, Google it!!

I am a BC Country girl of the late 70's-80's, and let me tell you, those were the best!!!

Food, snacks, candy, and drinks:

Pudding pops, smal boxed cereal, tang (with ginger ale), hubba bubba gum, surprise bags, Orange Crush (yes, I realize that these are still around, but they are memories for me), those Dip-things, Nerds, candy rings, and I am sure there are more that I ate, but I can't remember..ha!

Books and Magazines:

As far as books go, I loved the Baby Sitters Club, Sweet Valley High, Nancy Drew, Sugar and Spice Series, and Cedar River Daydreams, and as I got older, it was the Janette Oke series. I didn't read ALL the books, I read a good bunch of them. With Magazines, well, I loved 'Teen, Seventeen, Y&M, Good Housekeeping, Chatelaine, and whatever else Mom had lying around.

Hobbies, Toys, and Games:

Puffy/scratch and sniff stickers, my toy apple, Game Boy (I personally didn't have one, but my brothers did, so I would play on it), Etch-a-Sketch, those water toys that had the buttons, my chair that my gramma bought me, this old wooden clock by Fisher Price, that still works!..Light Brights..My Little Pony, Holly Hobby, my diary that locked (oh, yes it did), Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Popples, Cabbage Patch Kids, Teddy Ruxpin, Battleship, Snakes and Ladders, and Wheel of Fortune (on my friends computer), and yes, those large computers!

TV and Movies:

For someone who only had a few channels, who lived in the country, was home schooled, was pretty sheltered, and was a Christian, I sure watched my fair share of tv...so, here, goes..Family Matters, the Cosby Show, Alf, Different World, Different Strokes, Too Close for Comfort (I really wasn't allowed to watch it, but I would often watch with Mom), Golden Girls, Three's Company, Dallas, Y&R, Another World, General Hospital, All My Children (I would go downstairs and watch them in secret), Little House on the Prairie, Flintstones, Family Ties, Growing Pains, The Nanny, Fresh Prince of BelAir, Full House, Hawaii Five-0, Matlock, Murder, She Wrote, Home Improvement, Step By Step, Three's Company, Giligans Island, All in the Family, Get Smart, Major Dad, Beach Combers, Danger Bay, Degrassi Street/JR, High/High, Rescue 911, Unsolved Mysteries, as a younger child I also watched Today's Special, Polka Dot Door, Sesame Street, Mr. Dressup, Mr. Rodgers, Romper Room, Jeopardy, and as I got older...ER, Friends, and I sure there are more...as far as movies go?...Wizard of Oz, The Sound of Music, ET (though I never watched it), The Star Trek/Wars Series (I never watched those, either), and Anne of Green Gables. I am sure there are lots, but I don't remember. I didn't watch Saved By the Bell, or Head of the Class, though I guess I watched a few episodes. I also didn't watch the typical teen movies, Grease, Fame, Dirty Dancing, etc. I wasn't allowed.

Clothes/shoes:

Stirrup Pants, jelly shoes, lots of dresses (I had this "lemon chiffon" dress I wore as a young girl), jumpers, kangaroo jacket (hoodie), overalls, this pink parka/jacket-thing, and a jump suit.

Make up/Beauty/Accessories:

Bonne Bell, Caboodles (I don't remember if I had one, but I know they were all the rage), banana clips, scrunchy, curlers, I think i had a few jewelry boxes, chunky earrings, ribbons, perms, braces, mushroom cut, chap/lip stick, Exclamation Perfume, and lots of body powder, Yardley Suckle products, Noxema, and Ponds. I can't remember what brand names I had of perfumes and body powders, but I know I had a lot of them.

Musc: Steven Curtis Chapman, Amy Grant, Sandi Patti, Local Radio, Focus on the Family (it came on our radio), Adventures in Odyssey, Petra, and the Maranatha and Praise Music. I also loved Point of Grace, and Silverwind.

Stores: The Body Shop, (Lady) Foot Locker, Sears, Christian Book Stores (I shopped at one in Kamloops ALL the time), Toys n Wheels, Radio Shack, Zellers, Woodwards, Ardene's, Claire's (when I was a bit older), and Woolco. Of course, there were local stores that we would frequent.

I could go on and on about the pop culture, etc....but you can just Google that :)

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...