Friday, May 26, 2017

Life Lately

I feel like I should do a bit of a life lately post..not that we have been doing anything exciting, but is nice to have a post about normal life (vs a link up post, or one about infertility).

Our garden is doing very well, no thanks to me. Anker has done a great job at planning, planting, and maintaining it. If you want to check out any pictures, hop on over to my IG page.

The city is putting in some new line or something, so they are busy playing in the dirt! When I got home from work and errands today, the pavement had turned into gravel. Awesome.

As stated before, my niece was born on May 23rd. She is so adorable! I cannot wait to see her. I may have to put a picture on Instagram.

It was two years ago this week that our friend Matt died. I still can't believe that it has been that long. I miss him all the time.

I bought my first watermelon today, and I think I will be throwing some of it away. I never know what to look for when I buy them.

I gotta say, I am tote jealz of seeing everyone's IG/FB/Blogging posts about their kids' last day of school today. We still have 4 more wks left! One the other side, though...we don't go back until after Labour Day, so you may be laughing at us now, but we will be laughing at you all when you go back the beginning or middle of August :)

Anker and I haven't done a ton together lately. We will watch the odd movie, and the news, and of course, we will have a chat, and we will run errands together, but we haven't done a whole ton. We did for a walk awhile back, which was nice.

I had a very weird acid reflux/heartburn thing happen a few weeks ago, and it got so bad, that I went to the hospital. I didn't know if I was having a heart attack or not, and I wanted to be sure. Anyway, it was heartburn, but it still bothered me at times (it hurt to swallow when I drank or ate), so I did another follow up with my doc, and he suggested that I have a barium swallow done. It hasn't hurt lately, so that is good, but I want to make sure that there is nothing wrong.

Anker is got another tooth pulled on Tuesday. Pretty soon, he will have to get a full set of dentures. He got a top set 10 yrs ago, but they no longer fit him. Hopefully, by the end of the  year, he will have both top and bottom in.

Calico is so presh and adorbs. She always makes us laugh, and we love her so much. Anker took her to get her well kitty check up a few weeks ago, and she is doing great.

I found two tops today for $21. I feel like I need to get a whole new summer wardrobe, but I will just get what I really need (tops and a couple of pairs of shorts/capri pants).

Our neighbours moved out last week. I hope we get nice people.

Let's talk tv, shall we? Grey's ended really well. I am sad that Stephanie died (or whatever happened), but she wasn't my favourite character, so I will survive. The last few weeks, the show has been very interesting...which is great, b/c for a few weeks there, it was a bit boring. But, I am glad that it ended with a bit of a twist. How about Call the Midwife? I haven't watched the last episode of this season yet, but this has been a good one! I am so glad that Shaleigh is going to have a (nother) baby! I will probably watch the final episode this wknd. Saving Hope is on a break for a month, and then they will air the last of the series. I am very sad. I cannot seem to find SH anywhere, which is weird.

I don't have to pay my student loan for the next 6 months! I did an RAP application, and I got the word that I don't have to pay a thing until the end of October! I did this 6 months ago, and I still had to pay $80, which is better than $176, but I am very glad that it is now 0!!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...