Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Struggling and Anxiety

I feel like things have been a bit stressful for us these last few weeks. Please don't get me wrong...I am very happy with life for the most part. But there are things that have really gotten us down. A few weeks ago, our car started giving out on us. I ended up taking it to a shop today (they are great!), and it is going to cost us $135. Now, yes, we are VERY thankful that it isn't a big price tag (for now! I am certain that there is something else wrong with it...the mechanic says no...lol), but for us, it might as well be $1,035.00, or $1300.00. We had to borrow the money from my parents to get the alternator (which was definitely part of the problem), so we will want to pay them back ASAP. We have a few bucks in savings, but that is getting depleted from using it for every day stuff, and some of the car repairs. If we lived closer to the centre of town (where I work, shop, etc), I would just say to heck with it, sell the car, and take the bus, but we are still fairly far out, and while I am never too proud to take the bus, it does impead my social life, etc. Not to mention that our church is up the hill, evening activities, etc. I am trying to sell some stuff on/in the bidding sites, but not much is going. When I re-applied to get my SL in RAP, it was too close to the end of the month, which didn't give them enough time to process the application; therefore, they took the full amount. It wasn't a lot, but was enough to give us some hardships.

 Then, the election happened last night. I was really down about it all evening...I actually couldn't even eat supper. Our really nice neighbours are probably moving out, and I hope we don't get any noisy, rude neighbours in their place. My laptop is on its last legs, so I will probably have to get a new one in the new year. And yes, I NEED a laptop! The phone just doesn't cut it most of the time. Then, we found out the former Associate Pastor is moving to the Island! We are very sad! Then, my mom got a bit sick, and though she will be be fine, it stressed us all out a bit. My mom NEVER gets sick!!! She is definitely on the mend, and back being as busy as ever! There are a couple more things that are giving me a bit of stress and anxiety, but I won't share them here. I know that at the end of the day, NONE of these stresses are a big deal, and God already has it, so I shouldn't even waste my time being stressed and anxious.

Yes, I know that's a lot of complaining, but I am just keeping it real, yo!! I AM very blessed, however. My co-workers are driving me to work, I am getting more exercise, as I am walking more; and I am spending less (no gas, no going out for coffee, runs to the drug store, etc)!!! By the end of this week, I will have either helped with, or been in every grade from Kindie to grade 7! Yes, I am with grade 6's and 7's! You can say that I am at 6's and 7's! Ha! Actually, it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be! I know God is stretching me, which is always interesting!!! So, other than the car, and money issues, things are actually going pretty well. I am thankful for my job, my hubby, family and friends :)

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...