Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Weekend Update/Let's Be Friends Blog Hop

A recap on my (our) weekend.

Friday: I got up early, packed up and headed to my friends to look after their dog for the wknd. I got there around 9 am. After they left, I went to McD's for breakfast. Came back and hung out for a bit. I took the dog out for a walk, then went to my friend's place (I hadn't been to their new place yet), and we visited along with another friend for an hour. I think I went to the library, then to our place to grab my sleep machine, and visit with hubby for a bit, then back to take the dog out. I watched Frasier (season 2), and a movie, called Endless Love, which wasn't too bad. I took the dog out again, then went for Chinese food. I had bought a bottle of wine when I went out to grab the sleep machine, so I had wine (well, Spumante), and Chinese food for supper. Yum! I think I watched Frasier, and then I started on The Spectacular Now, which is another not bad movie. I went to bed around midnight (after taking the dog out for his final "break").

Saturday: I woke up SUPER early, as Ollie was whining. I took him outside for about 20 minutes, then I went back to sleep until 10. Took him out again, then got ready to meet the girls for coffee, which for me, was brunch. We had a nice time together. It was great to see our friend who had been SO sick for nearly a month! I went home for a bit, and Adam was there, visiting (which I knew), as we was in our area of town, so we all visited for a bit, and then Anker and I went to grab some plants for the garden, and then I dropped him off, and I went to the library to drop off my stuff. Got back at around 3. I took Ollie out again, then, I settled in for the evening. I finished watching The Spectacular Now, and then watched Spotlight, which was very sad, but very in-depth. I can see why I won Best Picture. I think I watched more Frasier, and I took the dog out again, and I had leftovers for supper. I took Ollie out again, and went to bed at around midnight. Anker spent a lot of the time in the garden. We bought some pansies (the sweet peas are taking their "sweet" time growing), and he put them below our bedroom window. I will take some pictures of them when I get home.

Sunday: I woke up at around 6:30, and took out the dog. I also started watching KUWTK. I can see why people like that show. Ha! I decided to NOT leave Ollie with that show (my friends said "nothing scary", and I think that qualifies..haha), so left on a movie for him (he loves the TV on...are all dogs like that?). I also started The Danish Girl, which I have still to finish. It is..well, interesting, to say the least. I went to church, got a few minutes late, after grabbing a Timmies and a donut. After church, I went home, as my back was starting to get VERY sore! I tried to lie down, but I couldn't sleep. I went to the park for awhile, and read magazines, until it got too chilly, then I sat in the car for awhile. I did a bit of grocery shopping, and then Anker made dinner...we had pork chops, mashed potatoes, and veggies. As dinner was cooking, we played with the kitties. Oh.My.Goodness. They are SO adorable!!! We must have played with, and watched them for an hour. It was a hoot. We both had lots of good laughs over them. I watched Frasier in our room, while he watched something else. We had a late supper (around 8), so it was a short evening. We actually went to bed around 11...kind of early for me. I ended the evening by watching Frasier, and chatting with family and friends.

I hope you all had a good wknd!!

Linking up with The Dwelling Tree for :

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...