Saturday, December 5, 2015

Christmas/Winter Bucket List 2015-16

So last year, I came up with this bucket list for Christmas/Winter. Well, I thought it would be fun to do another one. I was just re-reading the one from last year, and I totally forgot about half of them!!! Here they are again to refresh all of our memories:

1. Buy ONE Christmas DVD/CD, some fun accessory, ornament, decoration. (I have bought A Charlie Brown Christmas on DVD, got a new set of Christmas earrings, and I got a few ornaments from people so far this year, and I bought some decorations).
2. Sleep by the tree with its lights on (you can interpret that how you wish..lol).
3. Make a Gingerbread house with hubby (we usually do this every year).
4. Baking (either with someone or by myself).
5. Bake Christmas cookies for our neighbours (I have done this the last couple of years...not sure if I will do this this year though..)
6. Read Christmas magazines (or a Christmas novel) while drinking some Christmas bevvy, in front of the tree, while listening to Christmas music (Bonus if it's snowing!). (already read my mags while reading Christmas magazines)
7. Watch Christmas movies with hubby (as well as alone). (already done this)
8. Make (and drink!) either homemade apple cider or some mulled beverage. (did this with K awhile back)
9. Christmas Carol (I actually don't do this..but hey, you never know!)
10. Go to a store (Wal-Mart, Superstore, etc) at 2 or 3 in the morning (while they are open 24 hours).
11. Take a walk (downtown would be awesome) in the snow while the snow is falling.
12. Do a Christmas Bible Reading Plan.
 13. Attend an indoor Christmas Event (Play, musical, theatre, concert, {either church and/or community} etc).
14. Attend an outdoor Christmas Event (Santa Parade, Holiday train, Christmas tree lighting, Christmas Community event...ie...Basics for Babies...Gift Fundraiser, etc).
15. Watch a Christmas special (not movie). Bonus if it's live. (I already did this..watched THE WIZ, and it was great!)
16. Help Serve the Hungry (Salvation Army, etc)/Do a Good Deed (Give someone a GC, adopt a family/single Mom, etc).
17. Go to a Christmas Eve (or Day) Service (or Mass, etc).
18. Go Ice Skating.
19. Sip hot cocoa/hot chocolate in front of a real fire (bonus if it's outside!)/roast marshmallows/s'mores (bonus if it's with hubby..and even BIGGER bonus, if I end up turning this into a picnic; stargaze)
20. Decorate the tree (duh!).
21. Go and check out the lights (on houses) (drive or walk).
22. Visit a Farm (Christmas Tree/Stables, etc- Ok, I realize that we WILL be visiting OUR farm/ranch, but sometimes, visiting another farm is kind of fun-and go on a sleigh ride.
23. Toboggan
24. Play in the snow; build a fort/snowman, make a snow angel.
25. Christmas Crafts (already done, and I am horrible at it!!).

Things to do with H:

1. Build a Snowman.
2. Bake.
3. Watch a Christmas movie. (already done, while I was looking after him...twice actually, as I was there a week prior. Last week, we watched the Old Classics..so fun!)
4. Do a Christmas craft. (already done..as I said, I am horrible)
5. Go to a Christmas event (not sure if this will happen, but you never know)
6. Read a Christmas story together.

One thing that I didn't put on there this year, as we will be in town for Christmas, was to go shopping at the new grocery store in Clearwater. That is a memory I will always cherish...so many fun times spent with Mom shopping "late" at night. So fun!!

So...that's my/our list for this year!!! As you can see, I have done a few already...so that's a good thing!! What things do you have planned this year?

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...