Thursday, February 26, 2015

Day Trippin'

Yesterday was such a lovely day that, we decided to take a day trip out to the ranch. We wanted to show off our car (yes, I will tell more about that soon...I promise), drop off its tires, and Anker wanted to pick his bike parts that were out there. We also wanted to see on how the car did on the highway. It was a BEAUTIFUL day! Anker drove most of the way there, and I drove the last bit...Anker drove home, since I don't drive well in the dark.

The there was GORGEOUS, and it went well...the car behaved beautifully. We arrived at the church, as they were having their monthly luncheon. After getting filled up on soup, sandwiches and goodies, we went back home, where I proceeded to relax for a bit, and played with dogs. I tried to get a selfie with me and any one (or all of) the dogs), but they wouldn't cooperate.  I grabbed a Diet Coke, and brought my magazines, and tried to read for a bit. I was planning on relaxing outside, and read some magazines before Dad got back (he is the pastor, so he was doing some work, and Mom is in Calgary), but it got a bit chilly.


 The best pictures I was able to get of Cap. My grand/great-nephew furbaby


Hubby and I went to visit my brother who was clearing and burning (don't worry, it's legal). I love me some fire....and had fun....
This was what the fire looked like when I got there.
This was what it looked like after a few minutes. You're welcome.

It was a lovely day for some fire-burnin'.

We were there for an hour or so, and went back down and visited Dad for an hour. We left around 4:30 and showed off the car to my aunt and uncle. We got into town for 7; and we grabbed tacos, and I dropped hubby off and went to women's Bible Study. It is normally held on Tuesdays, but it as bee cancelled the last two weeks, due to a Prayer Conference, and the AGM, and I think our leader was busy on Tuesday, so they didn't want to put it off another week...which was why they had it on Wednesday. I got home, had a bath, watched Amazing Race, and Facebooked and went to bed.

It was a great day, and it was fun to do something spontaneous sometimes. We NEVER do things last minute. We usually have to take into consideration money, etc before we got to my parents', which is only 2 hours away. Most other people do it without even thinking twice. It was the first time we had gone to the ranch since Christmas (we actually don't go much in the winter..I hate winter driving), and the first time since I went up there since December. Our friend, who was stayed with us overnight in December said that we could borrow her car, so we haven't taken our car up there since then. Our Alero will be scrapped soon. So that was our Day Trippin' Day!




No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...