Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

Happy Monday! I am very happy b/c it's my long wknd! I love that every second wknd, I get a 3 day holiday :) I hope your wknd went well. Mine sure did.

Friday, I had to run a few errands. I wanted to get some espresso from a local coffee shop in town, so I decided to relax and enjoy some of their coffee before work. Red Beard Roasters is a local coffee shop in town, which has started serving wine, and more food, etc.

I am not a HUGE fan of their coffee. I asked for a Peppermint Mocha, and it wasn't very pepperminty at all..but I do like supporting a local business, and the pastry (made by another local bakery in town) was amazing. Sorry..here is the new link..Red Beard

I went to work, and then on the way home, I stopped at McD's for a drink, cause I am wild and crazy like that.

Saturday, I slept in, and relaxed in the morning, and then ran out to do a few errands...I went to Jysk to look for another duvet cover, and maybe some new bedding. I found this lovely chocolate/winter-themed duvet cover for $10! I also got a fitted sheet, and the flat sheet on our bed currently is one that we already have.


 I decided that a little Starbucks was in order. I spent an hour there, just relaxing and reading magazines for an hour or so. I had a caramel macchiato, which is my new favourite drink. It's not pure coffee, but not super-sweet, either.


Then it was off to Value Village to meet up with my friends. I did find a flat sheet and two brown pillow cases, and also another pair of PJ's. We all went to coffee at another local coffee shop, which I also really love. Zack's is a coffee shop that has been in town for nearly 20 years. I love their stuff; coffee, goodies, and their iced tea is AMAZING; even better than Starbucks! They don't have a website, but if you're ever in town...check them out (they are on several dining out sites)! They also have gelato in the summer.

Came home and hubby and I went for dinner. I will do a review on that in another post, but I will quickly tell you that it was a fun time for us, as we had never been there before. Fiesta Mexicana has been in town for about 2 years. It has amazing food, and great service! It was the first time that Anker had been been out for "real food" (not fast food) in awhile, and it was fun to get out and do something fun.

This was my meal. I didn't eat it all. I will be having it for lunch today. It was very good.
 This was Anker's meal. He ate all of his, which he doesn't do very often.

Caramel Brule. Yum.

Came home and relaxed, and watched a movie. I decided to try to go to bed around 10, which really wasn't the best idea, since I didn't fall asleep until 2 am. Oh well.

Sunday, Anker and I went to church, and then in the afternoon, I went to a movie with a friend. The Wedding Ringer was ok, and had some cute and funny moments, but it had too much swearing for me. I met up with another friend and we had a quick coffee, and after she left, I stayed on for a bit longer. Grabbed McD's on the way home (after picking up milk), and relaxed for the rest of the evening. I watched a few episodes of 2 Broke Girls, and then Downton Abbey, and finished off the wknd by watching The Miss Universe Pageant. It was fun to watch something fluffy and different from the usual shows that I watch.

All in all, it was a great wknd!

2 comments:

Angie said...

You drink a lot of coffee LOL

The A Team said...

Yes, I do...lol. It's more the fancy drinks, though.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...