Monday, January 26, 2015

Fiesta Mexicana-A Review

As I mentioned in my earlier post, hubby and I went out for dinner on Saturday night. We had been wanting to try Fiesta Mexicana ever since You Gotta Eat Here (the Canadian Version of Triple D) featured it on their show a year or so ago. The night we went, it was PACKED, and we couldn't even get through the door. Plus, it wasn't the greatest of service that night (I did comment on their page, and they admitted to not being prepared on how busy it might be after it aired), but we vowed we would try it again. Well, we FINALLY were able to go on Saturday night.

The food was amazing, the service was excellent (more on that in a bit), and the decor was funky! We arrived at around 5:30, and when we go again, we would go for lunch, or maybe a week night, since that night got super busy around 6. I wish I had taken more (and better!) pictures, but here are the ones I did take.

I loved the manager, Roxanna, who served us herself, and who actually asked us our names, which was really cool. And she was really attentive. That being said though, as it got busier, she wasn't quite as attentive (which I totally get, cause they got busy, which is why I would suggest to go either at lunch or on a week night), and things took a little longer to get. However, she was still awesome, and it was only her 2nd night there! I got The Bandera, which was about $16 (McDonald's, this isn't), and Anker got Enfrijoladas (ya, we couldn't pronounce it, either), which was about $15. They were both delicious, and the only reason I wouldn't order mine again, is b/c I want to try something else on the menu! We were a little disappointed that they didn't have Deep Fried Ice Cream, nor did they Sopas (I hope to get them next time we're there), but she did great in suggesting that we try their Creme Brulee dessert, which in my opinion was great after such a rich dinner, BUT not my favourite in general.

Anker ate all of his dinner (which is rare for him), and he said it was really good.

 I nearly ate all mine. I actually had the rest of mine today at lunch.
A closer look. Yum.


 The mess...but it was SO good!

Creme Brulee Dessert.

I wish I had gotten more pictures of their decor, because it was SO cool. I loved how everyone was linear (except the back, where they had a few tables).

We would definitely go back again, and I would rate it a 4 out of 5 (or 9 out of 10). I think Anker would give it the same rating :)

*******Disclaimer, I was given a $25 GC, to give a review, and this is entirely my own conclusion of our experience******




No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...