Sunday, December 14, 2014

(Christmas) Nights Out!!!

Christmas parties have been begun around this part of the woods. If you know me, and have followed/read my blog for any amount of time, you know that I love a good party!!! What Rev. Elton say in "Emma"? "A party is a party, but a Winter/Christmas party is divine" Or something along those lines.

Last Saturday, my work had their Christmas party. It was drinks and appies at the local pub...oh, ad Karaoke. Anker still wasn't feeling well, so I went alone, I didn't push him, since he wasn't feeling well, he wouldn't have known anyone, and he would have found it really loud. I went, though, and I had a fun time.

I only took a few pictures, but here are the two I will share....
                                Me all glammed up. I was wearing make up and everything!
                  I forgot to take pictures at home, so I took some in the bathroom at the pub.

I had a fun evening, and it was fun seeing people outside of work, and meeting people who work with the company who I talk to on the phone, but never have met. The food was ok, but not great. I loved their sliders, and potatoe skins, though. I took a picture, but I didn't upload it, and it is now erased off my phone. Oh well. I am VERY strict about NOT drinking and driving, even after having a small drink, so I stuck to Virgin Ceasers, and an iced tea. I got home around 12:30 am. It was a fun evening.


Last Tuesday, my friend J asked me (sort of) at the last minute if I wanted to come to a Christmas comedy,and dessert night at their church (which is very close to us). Anker didn't feel like going, and I wasn't too sure about going either, since I was very tired, and I seemed to be busy (though not sure with what....). However, in the end, I decided to go. I am very glad I did, b/c it was a fun (and free!) evening out. They had music, laughter, fun decorations, and of course, dessert! My brother and his wife (among other friends) where there, too, which was really fun. Leland Klassen is a Christian Canadian Comedian, and very funny. He spoke for an hour, which I think was the perfect amount of time. I didn't get any picture of people, or even of him, but I did get some pictures of the deocorations. Oh, and I even won a draw. I seem to be "lucky" whenever I go there for events, since Anker and I won TWO prizes at the last event that we went to a few years ago.

Pictures from the evening....

What a won...Jalepeno Cheese ball mix and a knife and plate.
                                                The stage was SO beautifully decorated!   

                                                             The centre pieces.

                                                                         Poinsettia
                                            Their Christmas Tree. I love Christmas trees!
                                                                          The ticket.

                          The desserts. They were all so good. I only allowed myself one, though.

Friday night, I went with a client to her day program's Christmas party. It was VERY fancy, and I went in yoga pants and a hoodie. Oops. I didn't know a) for sure if I would even be going, and b), I had no clue on how fancy it was. It was actually a few small businesses that came together for ONE BIG party! Anyway, it was fun night out, with yummy food. We had Spaghetti Bolognese and chicken, with carrot cake for dessert. Very good. We came home around 9, and I was off work shortly after.

Although I didn't go, our church at it's Annual Christmas Play. Anker was very much apart of it (stage crew) and I very nearly went with one of our clients, but in the end, I decided not to go. It was a wonderful play, though, and I think everyone did a very good job. I was sorry that I missed it.

On Thursday, I went to my friends for a Christmas - themed movie night. She shared her take out Indian food with me, and I shared my cookies :) We watched A Christmas Story, and visited. Such a fun night. Then she kicked me out, cause she was getting tired...lol. I think we are meeting up for a swim and visit.

I have two parties to go to this week; one of which we will go together, so I am looking forward to that.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...