Sunday, September 21, 2014

I am a Bad Diabetic

****This post has actually be written today, but I had "started" a few posts, of subjects that I wanted to blog about so I wouldn't forget, and now is when I am getting to them.****


I have a (nother) confession to make. I am a bad Diabetic.


In cause you didn't know, I have T2D. That means I have Type 2 Diabetes. It sucks. Big time. Thankfully, I don`t have to depend on insulin. Yet. But I am sure the time will come when I will. My had has had T2D for nearly 20 (?) years. I think he has been on insulin for half that time. When I was told I had it a few years ago, I didn't want to believe it. I had other stuff going on in my life; our fertility being one of them. I was already on Metformin (for PCOS, which I will discuss in another post), so that was taken care of. My sugars were too high, so he wanted me to start (at first) just being really careful. Oh goody. Then, my doctor wanted me to start monitoring my sugars at home. Oh goody again. THEN he wanted me to start taking another med. Another Goody. Thankfully, so far, it's not too bad, but I know I NEED to be better.


I don't check my sugars daily.
I eat too much sugar.
I don't excerise.
I don't take my meds every day (I certainly don't take them at the same time every day).
I don't eat healthy (fruits and veggies) like I know I should.
I don't drink enough water.


But again; I try. There is always tomorrow :)

3 comments:

Scott Cush said...

Good time to start. Diabetes is a sucky situation. Good luck with your life long battle with a disease that should be super Simple to solve. - good luck.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I wish it was easier to manage health situations. Can't they just invent a one-time cure-all pill? Wishful thinking? Lol

I have PCOS too but haven't done anything to take care of it. Metformin made me sick and I gave up after that. So bad.

The A Team said...

Hi Leeann..yes, I have PCOS, too. I was going to write about it sometime..anyway, I am on MF, and it keeps me sane (on many other levels). Thanks for stopping by and linking up.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...