Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sunday Social

Yah, I am a little late, but hey, I can still link up, and it's my blog, so I am going to do it now. Actually, I wasn't so sure I was going to do this week, but hey, what the heck..:)

1. Tell us about the family you grew up in, parents, siblings, grandparents.
I am the oldest of 7, but I sometimes feel like there are two families, as there are three older ones, and 4 younger ones. The youngest is 16, so there are 21 years btwn us:) Two girls and 5 boys. We all get along together (most of the time!!), and we always have a great time when we're together (again, most of the time!). I was/am pretty close to my grandparents, but my dad's parents are dead, so we don't speak to them anymore.


2. Tell us about your husband, fiancé, boyfriend, significant other.
Hubby 50-something years old (I like them older, apparently), and going through some health issues, as I have explained before somewhere, in this blog (yes I could hyper-link it, but I don't wanna). But he loves me for me, and is SO good about my Starbucks addiction habit. He really doesn't care if I am gone all day (well, he does, but it doesn't bother him), and really doesn't get upset about the money I spent. He doesn't care that I am fat, and that our house is messy (though I do try to clean it once in awhile).


3. Tell us about your children. If you don’t have children, talk about your fur children.
No kids, and no pets, But I do have two adorable nieces and one nephew, and one niece/nephew on that way! Plus lots of babies of my friends. I am "Aunty April" to a lot of kids (even if they don't know it).  Oh, and did I mention that H is moving back? And he is so nice to bring his parents back with him!!


4. Tell us about your best friends. How long have you known them? How did you meet?
 My best friends that I had growing up dumped me, but thankfully, you make new friends, and I have made some friends here. Most of the ones I hang out with are either my co-workers, or friends from the church (remember when I said I didn't have a lot of friends last week? Well, I do). As far as BEST friends? Probably my family members; aunts, sisters/in law, cousins, mom (again, most of the time!), and my other friend from Calgary who I have re-connected with.

5. Tell us about any other special people in your life.
Like I said, I am pretty close to my family, especially my aunts. I have two aunts who are my second and third moms (one even acts like she is my mom..lol). They helped raise we kids. They were single for most of our childhood; with one getting married in 2003, and one getting married in 2012. I have also made a lot of Facebook/blogging friends in the last 7 years, who I consider great friends as well.


Ashley is the co-host of



No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...