Monday, June 2, 2014

SUYL-Gardens

Happy Monday! I have a few posts that I want to get done, and I plan to do them today. So be prepared for an onslaught of posts from me. I know you are stoked. LOL.

I haven't done an SUYL in awhile, and I wasn't going to this wk, since it is/was about gardens. But when I checked out, I saw that most people were showing off their "city gardens" or "balcony gardens", and I wanted to show you our balcony anyway, so I thought it would be a good time to do it.

I am linking up with Kelly for this weeks SUYL.

I am a black thumb, which is kind of odd, since I grew up in the country, helped Mom with the garden, and spent time outside. I give Anker FULL credit on what he has done with/to the balcony. The only thing I can take credit for are the chairs!! He plants, waters, and takes care of all the plants, If it were up to me, they would all be dead. Now,  if only I could get him to CLEAN the balcony? :)

 The rock plaque-thing we just got the other day from our neighbours. I love it, and I think it works great outside.
                                                                        Ficus Tree.
                                         My favourite part. I love this!! Herbs all around me.
 Yes, these are our chairs. We aren't very fancy folk. And yes the pink is mine and blue is Anker's.
 The balcony gets a lot of sunlight in the morning and evening. The daytime can get a bit chilly, as I discovered today. I may or may not have put on my Christmas socks, and brought out a blanket.

All the plants that we have are herbs; chives, mint, basil oregano, and we also have a ficus. I LOVE spending time out on our balcony. We also have some solar lights, which look great at night. I will try to take some pictures of that tonight.
I hope you enjoyed the "tour". It isn't much, but it is ours.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...