Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans/Life Lately/Misc Monday

Happy Monday!! I hope everyone had a good wknd. Mine was pretty good!!


Friday; I spent the last of my (our) money on a 7-11 coffee. Let me tell you, 7-11 PSL's are actually pretty good! And a lot cheaper than Starbucks:) So, I went to work, and had a quiet day, and then ran some errands; I checked on my mags that I couldn't buy (BOO!), and went to our Associate Pastor's wife to talk about the Sunday School Program. I had fun playing with her little boys:) They are so sweet. We ended up getting invited out to dinner with our friends/mentors for a belated bday dinner for Anker. We had a great supper and chat. Went home, and hung out, then our neighbour asked if I wanted to go to W!nners. We had a nice time wandering around. Came home and relaxed and went to bed.

Saturday; Relaxed in the morning, and then met up with my Avon Mentor to chat about how to build my business
She bought me a Timmie's coffee. Isn't that sweet? I then went and met up with my coffee ladies. One of the girls bought me an iced tea. We had a nice chat, and I came home, fully intending to have a nap. Instead, we watched some of Skating on TV, and I did my nails in some Nail Art (Which I already have shown on here)
I still have a few of them on my nails, and it has been over 48 hours, so they aren't that bad, really.
Around 4o'clock, we went to our church's fall fair. I dressed up as a pumpkin. Well, I didn't dress up as a pumpkin as much as I had pumpkin colours on:)
You can't tell from this picture, but my pants are green. I am also wearing my pumpkin socks.


 
Usually each year our church holds some kind of Halloween/Hallejuah party in or around Halloween. The last couple of years, however, they have gone one up, and made it more of a fair, with booths, and popcorn, slushies, etc. I think they had 150 last year, and probably around the same this year. We have 4 churches (including our) that meet in our building (at different times and in different rooms), and last year one other church joined us, and this year, another church (different) church joined in with us. It was a great time. I was almost sad to leave in the middle of it.
 
The fall fair was a blast!
I was put in charge of the Pumpkin Carving Booth



 
 



 
 
Here are some more pics from the fair.
 


                                                             Carnival food at it's best:)



                                      Several different booths were set up in the church foyer.
Planko and Fish Pond.


Putt-Putt Golf (I manned this last year).
 
Around 6:30, I went to my mom's Book Launch. I told them I could come, but only if they bought me a drink:) It was a fun evening (Anker stayed back at the church, as he was in charge of the fireworks).
It was held at Earl's. She had her banner up and everything:)


                                                        Sante Fe Chicken Salad. Yum.
Everyone who was there:)

One of my mom's best friend on her left, and Dad's cousin (and Mom's friend) to her right.

Dad making his speech.


Mum and Me:)

The oh so yummy cheesecake:)

Mom and her book:) And yes, we took this in front of the fire outside the restaurant.
 
This is her book up close.
 
 
The party went until 8:30, then I went back to the church to pick up hubby, and we went home. We just relaxed in the evening.
 
Sunday, I went to church, and came home and made some lunch. I am trying to be creative and semi healthy on what food we have left.
 
I came up with this for Sunday lunch. It was ok; not great.
It was kind of like a Goolash. Yum.
 
We spent the rest of the day watching movies; The Kings Speech (we have it, but we borrowed my parents, as their copy has the extras), The Solist, and Taken. They were all good movies. I also started on Downton Abbey Season 3 last night. I am loving the season so far!
 
Linking up with Blair
 
Linking up with Carissa
 
And don't forget my Fall Followers Giveaway:) I am at 23 followers (Thanks to Cassie @ Take Two for being my most recent follower), and the 25th follower will get an Avon prize from me:)
 
I am really excited to expand my Avon business:) My mentor gave me some great ideas on where I can drop off brochures and Avon Business cards.
 
Today I spent some time driving Mom around town, so she could drop off some posters for her upcoming workshop related to her book.  I have to admit, I was a bit grumpy and frustrated when we started out (not because of that, just because of life in general), but after awhile, I started to get into it. Mom is going to be on TWO local radio shows in the next while talking about her book. Yay! I am so proud of her!! When we were done, Mom treated me to Starbucks, which always makes me happy. In fact, when we got inside, mom said "are you happy?" To which I replied "YES". haha.
  I came home to find hubby had already started supper. It wasn't a healthy (or Meatless Monday) supper, but it was good:)
Hot dogs and Fries.
 
Has anyone tried the GIRAFFE CHALLENGE on FB?
Here it is : 
I've changed my profile pic to a giraffe. I tried to answer a riddle and got it wrong. Try the great giraffe challenge!

So here's the rules. Answer the riddle. You get it right nothing changes. Get it wrong and you change your profile pic to a giraffe for three (3) days.
MESSAGE ME YOUR ANSWERS ONLY! PLEASE DONT RUIN THE FUN BY TELLING OTHERS THE ANSWER!!

Here is the riddle!
3:00AM the doorbell rings and you wake up. Unexpected visitors, its your parents and they are there for breakfast. You have strawberry jam, honey, wine, bread and cheese. What is the first thing you open?

Message me your answers and see if you get to keep your profile pic on
FB?
 
There also is a donkey challenge going on as well:)
(FYI: this is why I don't often feel like blogging, as this took me over an hour to do).
 
Happy Monday!
 
As usual, I this is too long with too many pics...am sorry:(
 



 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have enjoyed your week end.

April said...

Today was the first time I saw the riddle posted on FB. Yesterday a friend was ssking why people had giraffes on their profile pictures, so I learned it had to do with a riddle. Sunday some friends were having a conversation about this riddle and I heard the answer. They also talked about their giraffe photos on FB. I did not realize the two were connected. :)

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...