Thursday, September 19, 2013

I've Just been Nominated....

My first bloggy award nomination!!! I am so happy! And yes, it is an honour just to be nominated!!  I have been nominated by Sky-Ann for the Liebster Award!

Liebster can be defined as any of the following:

Sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, king, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. Doesn't that sound nice :)

This award is passed from blogger to blogger. It is used to encourage newer bloggers with less than 200 followers. I feel like it's a way to showcase your blog and discover new ones in the process!

There are 11 questions that the person who nominates you creates for you to answer. This is to help readers to get to know you better, so here goes:

These are the questions that she wants me to answer...I love these!!


1. What is the reason why you start blogging?

At first, I think it was just keep track of our lives after we got married, and it fit in with the cool internet crowd, then, when we found out we couldn't have kids, I wanted to put a face to infertility, and let the world know that there are people in this world who's life isn't (and can't) revolved around pregnancy and babies. (wow, that is a long sentence!)

 2. Where do you get your inspiration for blogging from?

Other bloggers. Is that bad?
 3. What is your favorite social media outlet? (facebook, instagram, blogger, etc)

I have said this before...facebook, instagram, pinterest, blogger, twitter....oh you mean my favourite? Facebook, probably.
 4. What is your favorite pasttime?

Facebook, instagram...I love reading, and when I get into a good book, I can't put it down. I love reading mags, too:) I love going for coffee (yes, by myself), and wandering the mall. I love going to the library.

5. If we could ask your friends to only use one word to describe you, what word would they use?

Kind, funny, cute, (a good) listener

6. What 3 things can you find in your purse at this moment?

Calendar (yes, paper), keys, sunglasses, lip gloss, hand cream (oh wait, did you only say three??)

7. Do you have any pets? (Cute pictures are welcomed)

Yes, we have a kitty...my husband came into the marriage with a cat. Our kitty is 15 years old. He is a black Siamese cat. How long do they live? Will he die soon? haha:)


our kitty, he's a strange one. He likes to drink water out of cups/glasses.

He also likes to sit on Dad's head.

8. What is your favorite season?

Funny, I was just thinking of this yesterday..I love them all!!! I don't have a favourite one! But if I HAD to chose, it would probably be spring, but not early spring with the mud and stuff...it would be late April/May.

9. What is your favorite tv series?

My all-time fav is ER. And Friends. But currently, it is Grey's Anatomy, and Big Bang Theory, and of course, Downton Abbey. There are a few that I want to try to watch this fall. I will do a post on that soon.

10. If you were on a road trip and got lost you would...check your GPS or Goggle Maps, stop and ask for directions or take your chances (what's a road trip without a little detour)

I am very tactile, so I would probably have bought a map before we left, but I would probably check Goggle Maps. Then I would ask for directions. Maybe.

11. You just won a trip to..........(where would you go?)
In Canada, it would be Montreal/Quebec city, OR ANYWHERE in the Martimes/Atlantic Provinces.
In the world, probably Denmark (where hubby is from), and all over Europe (yes, again).

So, here my nominees, if they chose to accept:
The Little Button (my nominator, thanks, Sky-Ann!!)

A Twig and a Branch

Adopted our Third

Arbitrary Graves

I Can Say Mama

Monster Cookies (I have no idea on how many followers she has, as it doesn't say)

Odds and Ens (another one who doesn't say how many followers they have)

Little Toewsies

Life with the O's

Catherine's Chatter

Sophia's Unique World

Take Two (she came in just barely, at 197 followers, but under two hundered is under, right?)

Our House



The following are guidelines for this award: 1. Link back to the person who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions that are posted by your nominator
3. Choose 11 bloggers (who have less than 200 followers) that you would like to nominate for the award
4. Create your own 11 questions for your nominees to answer (I posted the questions bellow)
5. Go onto their blogs to let them know of the great news of their nomination!

And here are the 11 questions for you to answer if you accept the award:

1. Cash, Debit, or Credit Card?

2. Lady Gaga or Katy Perry?

3. Why did you start blogging?

4. What do you think of this new Chevron Fad?

5. How many children do you have? If you don't have (or sadly, can't) how many would you like to have?

6. Celine Dion or Sarah McClachlan?

7. ER or Grey's Anatomy?

8. Are you where you thought you would be in your life 10 years ago? (are you where you are career-wise, having kids, travelling, etc)

9. What was your life like 10 years ago.

10. What month did you get married (or if you haven't gotten married yet, what month would you like to be married in)?

11. Are you a glass half-full or half empty gal?

Well, I think that is all. I think and hope I did it all right:) I hope that from this lil game, we can fine new blogs, and get to know new ppl!!

Now my question is...do they have to link to me (so that I can answer THEIR questions?)? I am confused..lol:)



No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...