Friday, August 9, 2013

Five on Friday and SUYL- Fave Apps

I am doing a two-in-one post today (plus another post later on today), as I am doing my FOF, and SUYL.

I am enjoying my day off, with no husband. I left him at the ranch (more on that in the next post), and I am hanging out on my own this wknd. I ran errands this morning, and am now home to nurse my ear infection. Thank goodness for Antibiotics...which will start off this FOF.

First, Five on Friday.

ONE
Thank goodness for medicine! I have a bad ear infection; so bad that the doctor I saw has put me on ear drops AND oral meds. I just took my first dose (and I had some left over ear drops from last time, which was probably the only reason that I could do my errands this morning). I am also thankful that I got in to the WI clinic SO quickly this morning. They told me to come back btwn 1-2, but no one was staying (you can leave once you get your time to come back), and no one was coming back, so I got in in about 10 minutes.
 
TWO
I bought this Citronella bracelet from the Dollar store, and I think it works! Plus, it matches my red tops, cause I am stylin' like that. Another great fashion accessory.
 
THREE
 
A cheesecake date with Mum, and Yummy treats! The cheesecakes are chocolate kaluha and pina colada, and the bottom picture is of a blueberry tart from a local bakery/coffee shop near my parents'. Both were amazing!
 

FOUR
 
 
Spending time with Bebop and my Sister:) (well, most of my family, really)
 
FIVE
 
My two books that I am reading (FYI, I am nearly done Safe Haven, and I watched the movie..both were good).
                                Sarah's Key is a great book...the movie is pretty awesome, too:)
 
5.1
 
I got to spend most of Monday reading and relaxing (and swimming!)  in the sun! It was an amazing day! Probably one of my favourite days that I had while I was away.
 
5.2
 
Treat receipts are back at Starbucks (actually, they are almost done). I may or may not have participated in this a day or two.  For those who are not familiar with this, you buy a drink (or any transaction) in the morning, and you come back after two pm and you get any drink for $2 (Grande)
 
Ok...on to the next part of my post..SUYL
 
They are doing favourite Apps this week!
 
I would have way more than I do, but my phone can only handle a few, or else it decides that it doesn't want to work (it keeps saying that my inbox is full).
 
So...my Apps on my phone (and / or that I love are)
 
Facebook (but I had to get rid of it because it ate up too my of memory). I still do love it, and I miss having it on my phone.
 
Pinterest. I am able to keep this, and although I mainly "pin" on my computer, I will use this app on my phone when we are watching TV, or when I am in a line, etc.
 
Instagram. Yah, I am slightly addicted to this. I use it a fair amount, especially now that I know how to use it. (follow me: @aprilnanker)
 
Zedge. I am not sure if it considered an App or not, but I was told of this by my friends. I love it for the ring and notification tones. Oh, and it is free.
 
Mahjong. I often will play this while we are driving. I love this game.
 
The Weather Network. Another awesome App. Not much else to say about it, but that I love it.
 
GasBuddy. I use this when I want to find out where the cheapest gas is. I don't use it a ton, but I will use it the odd time, especially when we are travelling.
 
 Google Sky Map. I love using this when I am at my parents (you can't see the stars well in the city). I love looking up at the sky and seeing the stars and the planets. It is easy and informative.
 
World Clock. I don't use this a lot, but I do like to check on the world times once in a while, especially when I have family and friends that live far away.
 
Flashlight. 'Nuff Said. I use it when we camp.
 
You Version Bible. I use this for Bible Verses, and I will sometimes use it as my "Bible" when I am in church.
 
Flipboard. I consider this the MSN of the Tech World. I haven't used it in awhile, but I like to have it on, as it is fun to look at. It has news, entertainment, money management, etc.
 
Sword of the Spirit. It is a Bible Verse game that I will often play when we are travelling.
 
Solitaire 3D. I don't use this much, but I like it and have on my phone.
 
 
Those are all the Apps I use and have:)
 
Happy Friday!




No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...