Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ramblings and good news....

Happy Tuesday!! Yesterday, I wrote my final test. I have NO CLUE as to how I did, but I don't think I did well. I hope I passed, though. I am fairly happy with my (so far) final marks. I got home yesterday afternoon, and hubby and I went for ice cream at DQ. So good!!! I then met my SIL at Ch@pters/SBX and we had a nice visit. She left, and I ended up wandering around the store, which was fun. I came home and hung out, watched tv, and went to sleep. I had a hard time fallin asleep, which happens every once in awhile. At least I got to sleep in this morning. I woke up not feeling well..kind of crampy and just plain gross...I think it has worked itself out..maybe? I went to SBX again, and looked through magazines and I journalled. I met my SIL at the mall, where we wandered around, and I grabbed a snack. I got some groceries, and on the way home, I decided to stop in at our (fairly) new Christian Book Store to see if she had I got my resume. But first...a bit of a back story...

Our city has struggled (like most) to keep a Christian Book Store, especially in the last few years, well, with the digital age, eBay,e tc. When one opened up, I was estactic!! I had gone in and chatted with her a few times, but I had also gone a few times, and they were closed. I was wondering if they needed someone to help them out. Well, I was able to talk to her a couple of weeks ago. I chatted with her about what she may want to have in her store, some movies, books, etc. She said that she thought that I would be good to have working there, since I knew the products, etc (I don't know about that, but that was nice of her to say, anyway). She said to send me her resume, which I hadn't even done up yet, and we would talk from there. I sent her my resume the other day, and I decided to and ask her to today if she had gotten it. She had, and asked me when I was able to start!!! NEVER had I had a job that quickly!! I am soooo happy, and thankful to God that He provided me something. It is only part time, but I need some more money coming in (we are very strapped, atm), and it will be fun for me, anyway. I start this week!!!

I came across this blog (sorry, I don't know how to do a permalink-thing) a few days ago, and I have added it to my blog readings (k, that sounded weird). I saw this post yesterday, and I quickly read through it, and I was very moved...I reread it and I commnented on it today...it sums up what I feel sometimes...here is the link http://www.laurencasper.com/2013/04/22/can-you-imagine/. Yesterday, a homeschool-friend of mine who has three boys announced her pregnancy on FB. With a picture of her positive pregnancy test, of course. While I am very happy for her, a part of my died inside...I don't want to delete her, because she is a friend, and we kind of grew up together. It is just a bit hard to see what she will be going through with her pregnancy, etc. I just wish I was able to be able to experience all of that, too.
Love this!!!
 
On Saturday, I met up with K and Bebop for a bit, and we hung out the the fair that came to town. Sadly, he was a bit small for the rides, but he did play one game, and we had mini-donuts and chips:)He seemed to like the fair, the rides, the people, etc. I get to see Rosebud this weekend. We are going out to the ranch to see L, A and Baby Girl. We can't wait see them, as we haven't seen them since October.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...