Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thirty Days of Truth, Days 25 and 26

Day 25 The reason you believe you’re still alive today.

I fully believe the reason that I am alive today is that God healed me when I was born! I am sure that most of you know that I was born with various medical problems, and that I should have died..if not at birth, then shortly after. I got my records from when I was born, and it so amazing what all I went through.

But, on another note, I think I am alive today the same as anyone else is..by the grace of God..his protection, etc.



Day 26 Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?

I have thought of giving up on life once in my life (well, "once" meaning in a span of a few months). I had some depression awhile back, and I did consider (although I don't think I was really serious about it) taking my life. I even was going through my meds, and figuring out what would go "best". Ok..sick, I know..and not very Christmas-like. I think mainly, it was because I just didn't know where to turn. I hated that I was single, and I really didn't have a life..not a lot of friends, and certainly no b/f at the time, and no real career. But that wasn't why I was in a depression. (Although I think that was a tiny part of it) I just felt alone, and just general doom. I really don't even know why I did have depression...it just happened. Thankfully, that major part of it didn't last long. Part of the reason that I didn't give up, was my sister. I couldn't imagine what my parents would/how (to) tell her that her older sister whom she looked up to (ok, I am tooting my own horn here, but I am sure she does!), took her own life. I decided that I would just stick it out:) I have had several times where I wanted to give up (not suicide so much, as just not wanting to get up the next morning, etc) more recently, but I realise that God has me here for a reason:)


I will do a medical/life post on us this wknd, but I was re-reading my last post, I had a typo..I took Anker to the hospital on Tuesday..not "the day" as I had typed.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...