Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Days of Truth..Day 1

****I realized when I was in bed last night that I don't think that regretting quitting the piano really refers to this first question....I guess there are a lot of things that I hate (or dislike/want to change, etc) about myself that could fit into this or any other question....but I was thinking about one that that I don't like, something that I think is very true, and that I wish I could change...

I always seem to take the easy road when things get tough.

This isn't totally true, but it is true in a lot of aspects in my life. I think in part, it is b/c that I am so tired of trying, that I just up and decide to take/do what's easy. But, I think that I am doing better at this...in other areas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am following a blog of a semi-friend of mine, and she is doing 30 days of truth...so that I would be able to find the information, here is the full 30 days of truth..and I will answer each question one at a time..probably not every day..but I will try every couple of days or so...with out further ado..here we go!

Day 1..Something you hate about yourself..

Well, what a good one to start off with, eh?

Hate is a pretty strong word, for sure...and there are certainly lots of different things that I don't like, or wish I could change about myself...but there is one (of many!!) thing that I will always kick myself for (or rather not) doing.

I regret that I quit playing the piano.

I know this isn't a super spiritual or emotional thing, but to me, it is something that I have always wished I had continued. You see, when I was about 5 or 6, I wanted (or mom wanted me to..not sure which) to play the piano. I think Mom was my first teacher, then my gramma. I had a couple of more teachers after Grandma, and they were fine teachers, but I still found it hard. I really just didn't enjoy it. I played it (kicking and screaming, for the most part), until I was about 13 or 14, or maybe even younger. I think I was just plain tired of it, and it was boring. I didn't have the mind for it (or so i thought), so I just quit. Mom said that I had to at least learn to play a hymn before I quit, but I think I even stopped before that. People then were telling me that I would regret stopping, and I (in my teenage wisdom) told them that I wouldn't. Sure enough, when I got into my 20's, I started regretting it. I have thought of picking it up, but I just keep forgetting about it, and basically just haven't. Most of my family can play an instrument. I sometimes feel a bit left out:)

I will blog about my recent Vancouver trip and our recent happenings this weekend.

PS..I just finished reading the entire list, and I am not sure that I will do the ENTIRE 30 days..as some of them sound just too long, and even a bit boring..but I will certainly do most of them!!





Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.
Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 → What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29 → Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...