Tuesday, October 19, 2010

News

Yes, I couldn't find a good title for this blog post!!


Thought I would update on some stuff happening around here. First off..my trip to Vancouver went well. I decided to make it fun, and just enjoy my time. And, for the most part, I did:) I stayed at my cousins, who is fairly close to VGH. I wish I had a ton of money, b/c then I could have walked from Coffee Shop to Coffee shop!! It was fairly nice two of the days I was there. I spent time visiting w/ Kelly and Sarrah, which was really nice. I really hadn't talked much w/ Sarrah (my cousins wife), so it was great to get to know her. I loved spending time w/ their girls. I felt fairly safe walking around Vancouver, and I did a lot of walking, including, walking back from VGH to their house on Thursday!!

My appts went ok..My appt at the MS clinic didn't really bring up anything new. She did say that she thought that I did have MS, but I will have to have another MRI, and an LP sometime. To be honest, that is the last thing on my "worry list", but I do know that I have to get it done. Not sure if I will have the LP here or in Vancouver. The Dr. that will do it is very good, so I will probably get it done here. The MRI is booked for December 15, and that will show if there are any more lesions, etc.

My other tests that I had to see if my body could carry a baby went well. At first, I was a bit stressed, b/c my aBg's (blood gasses) didn't come back that great (high Co2, and low O2), but none of the Dr's have gotten the results back yet, so I am not sure if there is even a need to worry. I also did an over night oxymetry, and no one has the results of that, either. I do see the parinatologist in November, so we will see then what they all think.

I took the bus to Vancouver and back, that was pretty enjoyable. I really don't mind the bus much..I usually enjoy the ride:)

I saw my Internist here in Kamloops, and my ECHO any my ECG came back fine. There is definitely fluid on my abdomen, and she has increased my diuretics, and I hope that will help some. There is also fluid on my pelvic area, and so I went for an U/S in Vernon (more on that in a minute), and I saw my Dr. yesterday, and he said that there is a cyst (or lesion) on my left ovary. So, I am seeing my GYNE sometime SOON (I hope) to get that looked. Not sure if I will have it taken off here or in Vanc. I will have to discuss that with them, I guess. (I have to get re-referred..the one thing I don't like about our Canadian Medical system is that you have to get re-referred for each individual problem..grr!!) I am trying not to worry about it...but I am...I hoping that is just that..a cyst..but I can't help but worry a bit. My cycle is also a mess, and I am wondering if that has something to do w/ it...hoping that when they take it out, my cycle will go back to "normal". (not that it's normal, anyway..but at least it came the same time each month)

I had 4 days in Vancouver, and was home one day, then on the road again to my parents' for Thanksgiving. It was a nice weekend, and we stayed at the B&B, so it was like a bit of a holiday. The food, fun, fellowship were great!! My brother, Luke and his wife were here, so it was fun seeing them. Adam and Krystle were on a vacation, so they were missed.

Anker's birthday was on Friday, so we ended up going to Vernon for my u/s, and then left just as quickly as we came...and then found a pumpkin patch, and picked some pumpkins. We came away with about 7 (gourds included). Saturday, Anker wanted to puree them, so they are now in our freezer, awaiting for me to bake something good with it.

I got a job today! I start tomorrow!! I will be working w/ Big Brothers and Big Sisters, telemarketing for their Renew Crew. I hope it goes well, and that they are flexible w/ me having to go away for med appts, etc. It is in the evening, 20 hours a week Mon-Thursday, so for the most part, unless I have to go to Vancouver, there shouldn't be a problem. I am really hoping that it works, as we could use the money, and it will be nice to get caught up. I am going to try it for a month, and it if it too much (like if I really hate it, it's too much, etc) I will give it up..but I pray not!!

So, we may go out tonight to celebrate. I want to watch a movie, and they have a great deal at our downtown movie theatre..so we may go there.

Oh..back to Anker's bday...after the pumpkin patch, we got back in to Kamloops, and we went out for supper at Lynx Grill. We had never been there before, and it was really good. We will definitely go back!! The dessert was to die for!! (he also got a Tim Horton's GC, of which I am making good use of!)

Things have been crazy in the family, too. Just yesterday, my uncle had a heart attack, and is still in ICU. He was driving his car when it happened, so we are grateful that he didn't kill himself our others while driving.

There have been other things happening as well, but I won't say them here yet...

A couple of weeks ago (can't remember the date) Adam and Krystle were on their way to Vanc, for their holiday, and stayed here for the night. We had a nice time of visiting, and we made them a nice pork dinner. Anker tried a Danish dish, and it was really good. Krystle and I spent the next afternoon hanging out together..going for coffee, a great visit..and checking out the new local library, and even an antique shop. When we got back, Joseph and Cadence were are our house, as they were in Kamloops for a couple of days, and we ended up spending the evening w/ them

Anker got some dental work done (root canal), and the dentist never even charged him!! (It's the dentist he cleans for). He also saw the Ophthalmologist a couple of weeks ago, and will be seeing him again next week, and it looks like he has glaucoma...and he needs glasses terribly. I hope now that with this job, we can find the $$ to get them. We thought of going on Disability, but I really don't think that I could get it, and it would be less $$ than we are making now (granted, we would have our trips to Vanc. paid for, and also our medical and dental paid for), but it looks like I have a job, so I don't have to worry about that now.

I think that's about all for now!!

I will try to update a bit more.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...