Friday, August 6, 2010

A Long Overdue Post

It's been just over a month since I updated, so I figured that it was time.

In some ways, there really hasn't been much happening, but in others..it has been quite busy.

-Went to my family's for the Canada Day Long Weekend. Had a great time w/ family and friends. Even had some fireworks:) Camped w/ our new tent, and we got rained out (not really, but we did get soaked), but it was on the last day, so it really didn't matter. Even took my sleeping machine with me! Enjoyed our new tent..love the "porch", etc. Spent time reading, and just enjoying nature.

-July 12-16, helped w/ our church's VBS program. We did "High Seas" this year, and it was really fun. It was a beautiful week for it, and we had about 60+ kids come out.

-July24, attended a friends wedding. It was a hot day, but a lovely wedding.

-Also baby sat some of my friends' kids, so that was fun being w/ them. The money was also nice:)

-July 27, we celebrated our 3rd anniversary. Had a nice day, and we went to Paul Lake, and spent the evening. Had a picnic supper, and then I went for a swim. Had ice cream on the way home.

-Had an interview in Clearwater, so I went down the day before to stay the night, as it was early in the morning. I didn't get the job, but at least it allowed me a few hours away:)

-We have started up a fan page for Aveley Ranch. A lady in Vavenby has started it, and she and I continue to update the page. Check it out.

-There have been appointments (Anker has to get glasses, so we went to the optometrist, and he now has to go back...), and errands, and other things that seem to keep me busy.

-Last Friday, I had a temp job w/ Excel Personnel. I really liked and the money was great, too! I would have liked to have been called for this week, but nothing has happened.

-On Sunday, Anker and I went to Sun Peaks for the afternoon, as he had never been there before. We didn't stay there long, as there wasn't much to do, but we got treats and walked around.

-On Wednesday, Anker and I went to my dad's cousins, who lives about an hour away. They have a fish farm, and I hadn't been there in about 10 yrs. Had a wonderful visit, and came home with some fish:)

-I just had an interview today, but I am pretty sure I didn't get the job..oh well..it really doesn't sound like the type of job I'd like, anyway.

-THEO BC (who I've been working with) has finally paired me up w/ someone who will help me search for work! I hope that something come SOON!

I haven't really been feeling well the last week. Not sure what it is, and I am not seeing the DR until next Thursday. I am hoping that I can just take an extra water pill, and be rid of the fluid. I really hope it is nothing. Actually, I am feeling fine, just a bit "bloated" like I was before (although NOT nearly as bad). I am just going to try to LIMIT my fluids for the next few days, and see what happens.

There has been a lot of smoke in our area, due to the amount of fires burning. There was a fire in Kamloops, but thankfully, it was contained fairly quickly. I haven't found it much to be too hard on me...except when we were at Sun Peaks..but I just don't stay outside for very long.

We are heading out tomorrow to "Becoming Shiloh" (sorry...I don't know how to incript things). It's a Christian music festival held at a neighbouring ranch near my parents'. We weren't planning on going, but they were really needing volunteers, so we decided to go. It should be a nice time.

That's about all for now...I have more to say, but that's for another post!

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...