Wednesday, June 9, 2010

34 is just a number, right?

Well, today is my birthday, and I have to admit, I was dreading just a bit. But it was a very nice day. I was taken to Starbucks twice by my friends (two different ones), and I ended up spending the rest of the time at SB reading my book. Then I headed to the library, where I found not one, but TWO US Weekly NEW (ish) magazines, where as I usually have to have them place them on hold for me. Came home and quickly got ready, and helped Anker put everything into the car. He had made supper and we had a small dinner party for me at the church. Fun times. I got some lovely gifts, and came home around 6:30. (We had to have to early, b/c of Bible Study that is held there). I also had ppl call me today, which has been lovely. I was taken out to SB for the second time today, by my very good friend...came home and Facebooked the rest of the evening away. I also spent most of the morning on Facebook..I loved all my bday wishes:) Anker isn't feeling the greatest, so he is off to bed..where I will go soon.

This has been a bit of a busy week. Monday..I didn't do much...but yesterday, my 2 aunts came into town, and they took me to lunch for my bday. One of my aunts' birthday is just before mine, so we each exchanged gifts. I then went off to get my license renewed. After getting a small slurpee...I went to the park and I spent about 2 hours reading and watching the children play in the water park. It was such a beautiful day:) Today it was rainy..oh well

Tomorrow I am seeing my DR, b/c I think I am getting some of the same symptoms I had back in Feb/March. There not at all as bad as they were..but I must keep on top of these things. I had this appt booked awhile ago, and I have since seen him for what I had orignally booked it for..but I thought I might as well keep it. I joked to the receptionist that I should make sure that I have a booked appt every week...but I think I am partially serious ab out this. I am also seeing my Internist at the end of June. Just in case that I feel that my fam. doctor did the proper tests, etc.

Friday, I am volunteering at the Y again (I usually do this on Wed, but I wanted to not do it on my bday), and then on Friday, we (or at least me) are attending a wedding ceremony of a young couple in our church. I don't usually go to weddings if we (I) are not invited to the reception..but I decided that we should...then I am seeing my Dermatologist for my (still) shedding hair. Mom did say that i had more hair than in Feb, and my g'f has noticed more hair growth..and today, I suddenly noticed that my bangs needed a hair cut. When we were leaving the church tonight..a friend who had come for Bible Study had noticed my shedding hair...so I told her what was up. I also told her that I had gotten my iron and my thyroid checked, and everything seemed ok. The interesting part is....that I never lost hair while I was in the hospital..hmm.

All the while, Anke is finishing a project at the Dental Centre, which, when he is done, will give us money for the wedding!! Speaking of which, our travel plans have changed somewhat, but will post all that after we get back.

My oxygen got taken away, but I am thinking that I need it back..maybe for my hair, and other things..will discuss this tomorrow. I may have to ask for blood gasses..which are NOT fun!

Sunday..my mom's brother and his wife are coming through town on the way to the wedding, and they are stopping by to see us, and her nephew and his wife, on her side of the family. They are taking us out for dinner..YUM!!

So..I can't believe I am 34...I still feel like a child sometimes...and not really grown up. I see people(women) with babies, and homes, etc, and I (still) really want that...but I guess you can't have everything. Yesterday, I was sitting in the park, and I thought "I love my life", b .c at times, I do..I mean..I can get up when I want, and do whatever I want during the day, with no time restraints. I can go the park (or wherever) and go for coffee (when money allows) and read, or whatever. But other times, I struggle. I am not really where I want to be..I mean..I am married, and i love that..but I wish had kids, or that we had a house of our own (or even larger place), and maybe even job I liked, or that we had more money...BUT I am aware that God is bigger than our dreams. I know things will get better..I hope to have a job in the summer. Sometimes, I feel so old..lol. But other times, not so much.

I have lots more doctor appts coming up this spring/summer/fall. I have come to the conclusion that Dr's either do too much or not enough. I am seeing a doctor who thinks I may have a metobolic problem, due to my lack of breathing..ugh!

I think that is all for now...

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...